Unplugging on the weekends has become a bit of a habit. I’ll often sit down with the intention of blogging, but then will get sidetracked by articles on Buzzfeed or Thought Catalog, or by the fact that it’s sunny outside and a weekend, and I should probably be outdoors.
And speaking of, this weekend was filled with outdoor activities. Connor and I found a park with hiking trails not too far from our apartment, so we explored on Saturday. I returned there yesterday with my friend Erin & an adorable black lab puppy that is in training to be a service dog. She takes care of her on the weekends, so it was so much fun to meet her and take her on a long walk.
The above photo is from Friday night, after an evening in downtown Boston. I have so many photos snapped from similar angles, but I will never tire of taking pictures of my city’s skyline.
After my audition on Friday (which went well, I think, but it’s always so hard to tell), I found myself in Urban Outfitters, where I fell in love with so many sundresses. I ended up buying a couple, including this one:
Except the print is different — it’s more of a cream colored with larger flowers. I just want to wear sundresses every day this summer.
I also feel the need to confess that I made a very special DVD purchase:
Yes… My OC collection is now complete. I’m not embarrassed at all to admit that I spent money on Season 4. Cage fighting? Eloping in France? All par for the course.
In cooking-related news, Connor and I decided to make a health(ier) version of one of the greatest appetizers of all time – the avocado egg roll. I mean, have you been to the Cheesecake Factory? Seriously.
I’m sorry to say that I don’t have any photos of our creation – we must’ve eaten them too quickly – but I do have a recipe. Of course.
You will need…
- egg roll wraps (we used the Nasoya brand)
- 2 avocados, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 package sundried tomatoes, chopped (if possible, get the kind that is not in oil – just dry in the package)
- olive oil for brushing
- salt, pepper
- dash red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, gently mash the chopped avocados. You can make it as smooth or as chunky as you want. Gently stir in the onion and the sundried tomatoes. Add salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Turn one egg roll wrapper so it’s in the shape of a diamond, with a corner pointing to you. Scoop a generous amount of avocado filling onto the center of the wrapper. Brush the corners with olive oil. Fold two opposite corners into the center and then turn the wrapper so an unfolded corner is facing you again. Gently roll the wrapper, scooping inward so you wrap your filling like a burrito. Brush the seams with olive oil and lay on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the wrappers until you are out of filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven approx 15-20 minutes or until edges are browned and top is crispy. Enjoy!
As a parting shot, I will leave you with today’s Note from the Universe:
And I will also say…
11 DAYS UNTIL BLEND!
- What are your favorite things to wear in warm weather?
- What do you like to do outdoors in the summer?